lynx-dev Re: [-dev.12] experimental text entry fields patch (updated)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [-dev.12] experimental text entry fields patch (updated)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 07:13:18 -0800

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999, Webmaster Jim (address@hidden) said:

| On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 09:53:00AM -0800, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
| > Here's a small patch goes on top of the main, previously posted
| > "textarea" patch.
| >
| > It adds another function (EDITTEXTAREA) to the author's CONVERT
| > and CONVERTEDIT functions, which simply combines the two operations
| > [...]
| >                             }
| >                     } else {
| > -                           HTInfoMsg("This textarea is already file");
| > +                            if (cmd == LYK_CONVERT_AND_EDIT) {
| > +                               cmd = LYK_EDITCONVERT;
| > +                               goto new_cmd;
| > +                            }
|
| I would recommend using gettext() for any patches that include text
| messages. Also, what does this message mean ("already file")?

It means that the particular text area that the cursor is in has already
been CONVERT'ed (the & cmd, using the patch author's bindings) prior to
this attempt to CONVERT (&) it.  To reedit the text area, one should just
use the CONVERTEDIT (author's % cmd) function.

This is but one of the reasons that I added the combined EDITTEXTAREA
function (my $ cmd).

WRT using gettext() ... good suggestion, though for the moment, I'm just
trying to get the basic functionality working properly, which is why I
haven't yet "lynxified" the code WRT style, and function() conventions
(eg, replacing snprintf() calls, with the lynx equivalents).  Etc.

Thanks for the reminder though ... it's "on the list" ...

/kim