lynx-dev GNU lynx mirror (Was: Renaming the Library GPL)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev GNU lynx mirror (Was: Renaming the Library GPL)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:58:11 -0500

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 09:19:25AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> > Since the msgs this time concern the official GNU distribution point,
> > where many people will be getting lynx, it is something that _someone_
> > on the mailing list should note.
> >
> > Whoever uploaded lynx to gnu.org should be keeping it up to date.
> > Otherwise,
> > the tar should be removed from that site and a file pointing to where we
> > want them to get the code substituted.
>
> I don't know who (it just appeared there, magically).

I bug the Gnu folks with some regularity (;-). In my latest conversation
with them, they indicated they will not mirror lynx, just maintain a
pointer to it on their FTP site (note the date of the LYNX-README file).
Hopefully when they burn a CD master, they are collecting the latest
version to distribute.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You realise this is going to be a complete waste of time don't you?