Re: lynx-dev LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:47:10 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 address@hidden wrote:
>Then run vttest (preferably on a 24x80 screen).  It can accommodate other
>screen sizes via command-line (that's in a readne), e.g,.
>
>       vttest 25x80.80
>
>forces it to fit on a 25x80 screen with the 132-column stuff mapped into
>80 columns (not all "vt100" emulators can do 132-columns, and it's useful
>to be able to turn that off).
>
>The program gives a menu - entries are selected by typing the number.
>(A '*' runs all of the tests at that level).

What was the location for this program again?  Does it just test the vt100
emulator itself, and/or curses also?   In this MacOS X Server, I have
to run "resize" in each screen window to get it to recognize the size
properly (strangely, I am virtually positive that the version of this Terminal
program I used on the first build of X Server _did_ work, because I was
amazed I didn't have to "fiddle with it"..).

anyhow, supposedly the curses library 'stinks'.. so though it's not my job,
since I want a command-line environment to work well, I was wondering if this
or some other tools would be good and _easy_ for me to get and build and
easily write up a bug to say that X isn't working because program Y said so.