Re: lynx-dev Mouse?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mouse?
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 21:16:39 -0500 (EST)

990108 Ed DeWan wrote:
> I would like to be able to navigate in Lynx using my mouse,
> either from Windows NT or using my old DOS 286 system at home,
> connected to Unix via Kermit.  It's hell navigating with the tab key!
> I have heard there is a Linux version that numbers the links
> and allows the user to simply type the link number to go there.
> Is any of this possible, and is it likely soon?

you seem to have a badly out-of-date version of Lynx!
the latest 2-8-1 is available from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ ,
tho' there has been a hardware problem at the site recently:
there are other places to get it, if that persists;
it runs on NT & UNIX, incl Linux.

as for navigating with the Tab key, i've never heard of it!
with 2-8-1 you can easily number links &/or use the Arrow keys,
besides a host of other commands; you can also use a mouse, if you want.

get 2-8-1 , compile & install it following instructions
& ask again here if you run into any problems.