Re: lynx-dev Mouse?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mouse?
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:00:51 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Ed DeWan wrote:

> Forgive me for being naive, but I would like to be able to
> navigate in Lynx using my mouse, either from Windows NT or
> while using my old DOS 286 system at home, connected to Unix
> via Kermit. It's hell navigating with the tab key! Lynx gives
> me everything I need, except that convenience. Also, I have heard
> that there is a Linux version that numbers the links and allows
> the user to simply type the link number to go there. Is any of

I believe there are two separate questions. The Win32 port has some
support for the mouse, but I am not sure how much. This is said to
work on the NT. Try downloading the binary and associated files from:
"http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm";.

When connected to unix via Kermit, I don't think mouse support is
possible, but it is even more convenient to navigate with either the
hjkl "vi keys" or to use the GOTO function, to go to the numbered link
or form of your choice. Just use any recent version of lynx on unix
and set "vi keys" on and "links and form fields are numbered". If
your ISP doesn't have a recent version of lynx (currently at 2.8.2dev
series, latest release version 2.8.1), you can compile your own. The
autoconfigure procedure makes this easy on most systems. You may want
to start at "http://lynx.browser.org/";.
                                  Doug
__
Doug Kaufman