lynx-dev possible bug in http authorization code?

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: lynx-dev possible bug in http authorization code?
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 19:09:14 -0800

This seems to be in 2.8.2dev11 and dev12.  It's not in 2.8.1rel.2 or
2.8.2dev.12.

Go to http://core.freshmeat.net/lounge/ and you should be asked for a
username to login.  On two machines, hitting any character seems to
take one straight to the

Proceed without a username and password?  (y/n)

prompt.  Going to the site with name/password specified on the
commandline works.

If anyone wants to try this with a working login, you can use

login: posterkid
password: pkid23

I don't see anything funny in the tracelog, and it's worth noting that
password authorization seems to work perfectly on other sites -- for
example www.nytimes.com.

I'm hesitant to place the blame on the server, as it works fine with
older versions.

Have I missed something by not trying 12e.patch yet? :)

--
What happens when you cut back the jungle?  It recedes.