Re: lynx-dev undefined __inet_addr making newest dev release

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev undefined __inet_addr making newest dev release
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:40:58 -0500 (EST)

> On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:
> >> UCAux.o UCAuto.o  ../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a  -lcurses  -lnsl -lsocket
> >> Undefined                       first referenced
> >>  symbol                             in file
> >> __inet_addr                         ../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTTCP.o)
> >
> >To your libraries, add "-lbind".
>
> Cool, that fixed it.
>
> So is there something that can be done to the configuration process to make
> sure this happens automagically?

yes - but I need information (the config.log, for instance, to see if there
were any interesting failures).  Otherwise, I'll add on to the existing
test (you cannot simply cycle through possible libraries as someone suggested
once, since there are order dependencies).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden