lynx-dev Re: lynxcgi vs lynxexec

From: Aengus Stewart
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynxcgi vs lynxexec
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:59:40 +0000

address@hidden wrote:

> > I have not quite sorted out all the problems I have had in moving our
> > CWIS from an old machine and Lynx 2-4-2 to a new machine and Lynx 2-8-1.
> > This is on UNIX by the way, IRIX 6.5 to be exact.
> >
> > I will readily admit I an no coder, so apologises if my queries are
> > basic.
> >
> > 1) How do I disable CTRL-Z (SIGTSTP) so that lynx is not suspended?
>
> none of the signal handlers are configurable, iirc.  You would have to
> grep the source and modify it.  (It's a simple feature to add, but hasn't
> been requested).
>
> > 2) I have the following HTML that no longer works.  lynxexec does not
> > seem to work within ACTION only lynxcgi seems to and I get quite
> > different behaviour.
>
> > "Alert!: This special URL cannot be a form ACTION!"
>
> I don't know offhand (will try testing tonight)

I was just wondering if you were able to have a go at this?

I am enquiring about this as I have a number of forms that call command
line software
via a small cgi program that creates the command lines.  With lynxexec,
if a parameter is
wrong or missing then the program at the command line has to deal with
it (which is what I want) but with lynxcgi I have to deal with all
eventualities in the cgi program, which is going to be a pain to catch
all of these.

Would it have been possible that my predecessor hacked Lynx 2-4-2 to get
lynxexec to work
or was the use of it with ACTION altered later?

Cheers
Aengus

Aengus Stewart
address@hidden
Computational Genome Analysis Laboratory        Tel: +44 (0)171 269 3679
Imperial Cancer Research Fund
Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3PX, UK