lynx-dev Lynx, relative links, and the HTTP redirections

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx, relative links, and the HTTP redirections
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:23:22 +0100

I'm using Apache's "error documents". I have in the srm.conf:

ErrorDocument 403 /redirects/forbidden.html

And the forbidden.html contains, among others:

<A HREF="../search/">

The browser Lynx 2.8 computes the target with the old document, the one which
was forbidden, and which is not at the same level... So the user who tries to
select links in the ErrorDocument gets a new 403 or a 404.

You can check it yourself by looking at:

http://www.pasteur.fr/local/infos/FAQ.html

(document for local use only)

There is no problem with Netscape 4, which computes the relative links in
respect with the redirected document.

Which browser is right? How can I use relative links and the ErrorDocument
feature?