Re: lynx-dev ftp REST command

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ftp REST command
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:49:58 -0500

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 03:39:55PM +0100, Klaus Peter Wegge wrote:
> > sol.slcc.edu is one of the *very few* sites I ever visit that does not
> > understand the REST ftp command, and since the connectivity of that site
> > isn't too steady, this becomes more of a pain as each release of lynx
> > gets (what else?) larger.
> >
> > Could we find a different central repository for lynx, or could slcc.edu
> > install a more up-to-date ftpd dameon that will in fact permit resuming
> > an interrupted download instead of always starting from byte 0 after a
> > failure?
> Good idea!!!
> A download of the latest lynx version is really a pain!!!
>
> Klaus-Peter

Other sites may freely redistribute Lynx in accordance with the GPL,
etc. If we were able to store our latest version on the main GNU site,
then mirroring would be handled there. Otherwise, some host needs to
volunteer.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
But I'm quite used to being humiliated;
I can even go and stick my head in a bucket of water if you want...