Re: lynx-dev still having to patch makefile wrt locale and po

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev still having to patch makefile wrt locale and po
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:14:27 +0900 (JST)

> >         --datadir=$HOME/.usr/share \
> >         --enable-nls --with-included-gettext=no \
[...]
> Use the --with-nls-datadir option rather than --datadir.

Thanks!  (Sorry I missed the added option.)

> >         cd po && $(MAKE) CC="$(CC)"
[...]
> >         #cd po && $(MAKE) CC="$(CC)"
            ^
How about this one?  I'd like to expand the meaning of
--without-included-gettext to include po as well as intl.
It was my understanding that when NLS is finalized, neither
the po nor the intl directories will be included in the
Lynx distribution.  I'd like to get a head start on describing
to others how to make it all work from a raw breakout of the
distribution as it will look when things are stable.

At present I still use GNU, even on Solaris2.6.  Have you had
any success with the native NLS on Solaris?  I have a Japanese
Solaris2.6 installed now, and NLS works great for the bundled
tools, e.g., vi, but I haven't worked on using Sun's NLS for
programs I've installed like Lynx.

__Henry