Re: lynx-dev Option to:Add cur-addr to top-of-page.

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Option to:Add cur-addr to top-of-page.
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:21:06 -0800 (PST)

Here is a return-post to something I posted.  He couldn't
or didn't find the same page that I was looking at:

> From address@hidden Thu Jan 14 20:22:29 1999
> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 23:21:48 -0500 (EST)
> From: Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden>
>
> On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, David Combs wrote:
>

> >                                                          The Arundhati Roy
> > Web
> >
> >    REFRESH(2 sec): [1]http://www.wish.u-net.com/roy/index.htm
> >
> >                           ARUNDHATI ROY [2]Enter
> >      "Let us not forget that the stakes we are playing for are huge...
> >      We have to reach within ourselves and find the strength to think.
> >                                 To fight."
> >
> >                 Arundhati Roy Outlook, India 27th July 1998
> >           _______________________________________________________
> >
> >    Index [3]The God of Small Things [4]Childhood [5]Life so far
> >    [6]Writing [7]The Prize [8]Controversy [9]The Future [10]Credits
> >
> >    Also available: &&
> >    Arundhati on [11]the film Bandit Queen &&&&&
> >    Arundhati on [12]The End of Imagination Site Now Updated
> >
> >                                        There is now a God of [1] Things
> >
> >      Hosted by [13]Geocities
> >
> >      [14]Statistics
>
> What URL are you using to access that page? When I access it I get

This happens all the time; maybe I save the text to a file; maybe I
"cut & paste" the page (visible part) back into another window
(with emacs in it), whatever method of grabbing it.

Sometimes I want to know what addr that was; so I have to SEPARATELY
do an "=" (or a hist), and cut/paste that separately; A REAL PAIN!

Now, I note that OFTEN there is plenty of room on the top line,
to the LEFT of the page-NAME, to ALSO show the ADDR.
(or if the page name were to be at the left, then the addr
extending to the right, maybe too far, even).

Anyway, would be nice to have a mode that directed lynx to do
this all the time (a user-settable mode).

Especially when we don't know at cut-paste time that we will
want the exact addr, but only two months later.  Nice to
have it automatically.

Does ANYONE ELSE think such a mode would be useful?

eg for posting to lynx-dev...