lynx-dev Re: Option to:Add cur-addr to top-of-page.

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Option to:Add cur-addr to top-of-page.
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:32:35 -0800

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999, David Combs (address@hidden) said:

| > What URL are you using to access that page? When I access it I get
|
| This happens all the time; maybe I save the text to a file; maybe I
| "cut & paste" the page (visible part) back into another window
| (with emacs in it), whatever method of grabbing it.
|
| Sometimes I want to know what addr that was; so I have to SEPARATELY
| do an "=" (or a hist), and cut/paste that separately; A REAL PAIN!

While it won't help with the cut'n'paste case, I added a few env vars
to ~dev.9 that lynx sets when p(rint) is used, for just such reasons.

The env vars available to an external PRINTER: script are:

 LYNX_PRINT_DATE
 LYNX_PRINT_LASTMOD
 LYNX_PRINT_TITLE
 LYNX_PRINT_URL

whose values are the same strings as presented in the info (=) page.

It's easy enough to write a small script and add it to the PRINTER:
list, which will prepend a "header" to saved pages, using the above
vars/data.  I don't recall if I ever posted my "saver script", but
if there is interest, I'd be happy to share it.

That doesn't help with cut'n'paste, though since that activity is a
manual one anyway, it doesn't seem to me to be much more difficult to
remember flip to the info page and cut the URL/etc data from there
for pasting, than it is to remember to cut it from the "title line".

Then again, I seldom do cut'n'pasting myself ... :-) ...

/kim