Re: lynx-dev Running Shell Commands off of Lynx

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Running Shell Commands off of Lynx
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 03:52:48 +0300 (MSK)

16-Jan-99 13:20 brian j. pardy wrote:
> I just wrote:
>> FWIW, if someone changes SYSTEM_MAIL and SYSTEM_MAIL_FLAGS in lynx.cfg
>> (or their own personal copy, but this isn't really relevant for sites
>> using lynx as a restricted environment) the same thing can be done.

> Also uploaders, downloaders, printers...

This should be worked in for anonymous accounts.
lynx.cfg is unavailable for such users, shell invocation "!"
can be easily disabled with command line switch,
but changing the editor in options menu seems still an open
possibility.

We have a switch -restriction=editor which restrict any editing totally
(how about sending mail?), but we have no switch to restrict
changing the editor name like we have with bookmarks
(see -restriction=bookmark). Probably we should add restriction=editor_name
or something like this.