Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:11:52 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Sat Jan 16 16:26:52 1999
> To: address@hidden
>
> 16-Jan-99 17:05 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, David Combs wrote:
>
> > The answer to the question "Is there a bug?", which admittedly you haven't
> > asked in this form, is "Lynx is behaving as it's supposed to".
>
> >>   About what lynx knew or didn't know, I recall (and that's all
> >>    I have to go on, memory from some days ago, not now being
> >>    able to reproduce the problem of the "bad" L-page),
> >>    that I had NO PROBLEM actually CLICKING on the items
> >>    on the page FOR WHICH the L-page was generated.
> >>   Perhaps your clue, whatever it is, will give us a way
> >>   to DUPLICATE that "bad" L-page?
>
> > Sure.  Follow the links (what you choose to call CLICKING), then go
> > back and THEN (re-)generate the LIST page.
>
> O! nice feature,
> something like Netscape/IE emphasize a visited link with a color.

FINALLY I UNDERSTAND IT.

Nice feature?

HORRIBLE FEATURE!  IT REMOVES INFORMATION!!!

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Why not a leading asterisk or something, to mean "been there
already".

PLEASE don't take away the addr -- nothing wrong with
telling me I've been there already -- you know, maybe I'd
like to know WHERE I have already been, so as to
recognize a SIMILAR (but somewhat different) address,
so as to NOT go there if I didn't like the first one,
eg so I can escape similar "garbage" from THAT site.

Again, best would be to show (1) the "been there" asterisk
or whatever, then (2) maybe the title, then (3) the ADDRESS;
or better yet, asterisk, ADDR, then title.

If not too many others want that, then please
at least add a MODE or OPTION that allows it.

Thanks!

(it was the "blue" reference that finally explalined it
to me; then I tried it on my bookmarks file, and
yes the L-page items did change from addr to title
to THOSE items I had visited.  Horrors!)

David