Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 + Minuet = wacky characters

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 + Minuet = wacky characters
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 21:19:20 -0500 (EST)

990116 Mark Crane wrote:
> Is there any way to configure Lynx 2.7.1 for Unix

first, get the upto-date Lynx 2-8-1 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ :
in practice, earlier versions are not supported by lynx-dev volunteers.
if you have problems compiling etc, ask here for advice.

> to prevent it displaying inverse space characters in my client software
> whenever a screen refresh (ctrl-w) takes place?
> I'm teaching college writing in a computer classroom filled with 286's
> & Lynx for Unix is one happy ray of sunshine.
> However, We're using Minuet, which doesn't do pure vt100 emulation,
> So whenever Lynx wants to redraw/refresh the screen,
> like after you A)dd a bookmark, every single blank space on the screen
> is filled with a *reverse* space, except for the spaces between words.

someone better qualified may hopefully have some useful thoughts,
but in any case get the latest Lynx 2-8-1.