Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 00:16:17 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Sat Jan 16 21:10:31 1999
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 21:03:38 -0800 (PST)
>
> <SNIP>
> I was thinking about something like this too..
>
> Why not do something relatively subtle but noticable, like
>
> [LINK] for unvisited links, and
> {LINK} for visited links  or maybe
> (LINK) for visited links.
>
> [ ] already encloses both links and checkboxes, so there's no problem with
> confusing (LINK) with a radio button..

Nice idea; while MY complaint was about the L-page, THIS idea
seems to apply to the MAIN page (that the L-page is derived from).

Looks like a good idea to me (for the main page).

> If this is a major hassle or slows something down, it's no big deal.. because
> doing something like this is getting awfully close to "just use a damn
> GUI browser" argument.

The following was for the L-page, which has NO "[]" surrounding the
addr.  True, the askerisk would take up one extra position: