Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:02:30 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, David Combs wrote:
> Well, I thought people must be gung ho about seeing the
> titles (else why would they appear on the L-page once the
> addr was visited).
>
> Of couse, the titles are all there in plain view on the
> "main" page -- spread around, maybe, but there.

No, they are not.  You misunderstand what titles are.
What Lynx regards as the title usually comes from the
contents of the <TITLE> element.  The title of a document
to which there is a link therefore usually comes from within
the contents of the referred-to documents, not from the contents
of the referring document.  Therefore it is not available
unless the referred-to document has been already loaded.

> It's the ADDRESSES (urls) that are NOT on that page,
> and (I thought) that it was to see THEM that was the
> REASON for implementing the L-page in the first place.

I don't know why you think that was the reason; I wouldn't
assume that.

   Klaus