Re: lynx-dev more on my dt_term_ problem

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev more on my dt_term_ problem
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:43:43 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough address@hidden said:
> I don't think that is a problem (why would someone install a new lynx.cfg
> with an old lynx binary?)

Maybe someone had installed a local binary because they built it with some
feature that the system one didn't have, but they used the system lynx.cfg
because it had some nifty standard configurations (like downloading and
stuff) that they didn't want to duplicate in their own local account space.

When in college, I was in such a situation, though I no longer remember the
details about why my binary was different than the system installed one,
and these days such a situation is very less likely.  (Actually, I think it
had something to do with having a shared lynx.cfg, but no binary on a
particular system I was using).

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all