lynx-dev Re: Forms handling

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Forms handling
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:12:20 -0800

On Thu, Jan 21, 1999, Mark E. Crane (address@hidden) said:

| Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to spawn an
| external editor, like JOE, from within a forms textarea box
| while using Lynx.  It wouldn't be an issue if we could cut
| and paste/multitask with our 286/1mb machines, but we
| haven't figured that one out yet.  I searched the archives,
| and the last mention of this that I could find dated back to
| Lou Mountulli in 1994.  I can't believe how much the web has
| changed in 4 years.

Heh.  It's being worked on, even as we speak ...

Actually, I've posted an "interim solution", based on someone else's
patch, earlier this month.  Look in the archives again, and search
for the word "experimental" in the subject.  You need the original
patch, and my last update to apply on top of that, for things to work
correctly.  Probably want to read thru the text of the other messages
in that thread, too.

I'm working on a more "seemless" solution, as time permits, but I'm
not real familier with lynx's code, structs, etc, so the going is a
bit more slowly than I'd like ...

/kim