Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:16:26 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough Webmaster Jim said:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 11:47:26PM -0700, Richard Stallman wrote:
> > Deciding that a program is GNU software does not necessarily require
> > transferring copyright to the FSF; that is a separate issue.

Does this mean that the developers wouldn't have to jump through all of the
paperwork hoops?  At times it seems as if the FSF has become a slow
behemoth with allowing people to start contributing to the software to any
major extent.  Signing disclaimers and the like.

What is the licence on libwww?  Is it GPL?  Would that have to be separated
out?  Ie, can someone take the libwww as distributed by lynx and put it
into their own program with no acknowledgement or source code availability?

Personally, I think becoming a GNU program would be more headache than it's
worth.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all