licensing (was: Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: licensing (was: Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:31:59 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> I vote against becoming any more gnu-ish than we are - frankly, I would
> prefer to see us use an open source/univ. of berkeley type copyright...

I'm going to have to go with you here.  I don't expect Lynx will ever
change licenses (though I would relicense what little I've contributed
to PAL or BSD in a *second*), but I personally consider the GPL way too
restrictive where usage is involved, and downright nasty and evil with
big sharp teeth when it comes to playing well with software under
other licenses.

--
<http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/keys/> for DSA/ElG-E/RSA keys
DSA 0x0A641AA5:0B1E 37B7 ECCB FC96 B6C6  7242 0A59 F8D5 EFA9 4F81