Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:46:45 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Bela Lubkin wrote:

> I've certainly never signed any release forms, which RMS seems to want
> when accepting code into *his* GNU projects, like gcc.

Well, the original message had:

> Deciding that a program is GNU software does not necessarily require
> transferring copyright to the FSF; that is a separate issue.

You are talking about a program (GCC) for which the Free Software
Foundation IS the copyright owner, which makes all the difference.

Personally, I wouldn't have much of a problem with Lynx becoming "GNU
software" in the sense described in the original message, as long as
that would not be an irreversible decision (and I cannot see how it
could be that, as long as the legal copyright status is not affected.)
But I accept that others do have a problem with it.

   Klaus