Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:52:41 -0500

On Sat, Jan 23, 1999 at 03:34:15AM +0100, Serge MUNHOVEN wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 03:46:06PM -0800, Bela Lubkin wrote:
> [...]
>  >  This is the sort of [...]
>  >    *)  If you make this change, I won't be contributing any more code.
>  >    *)  I will think seriously about having any existing code that traces
>  >        back to me *removed* from the source.
>  >  >Bela<
> As to getting a stable distribution point, IMHO there are still other means
> which we did not fully exploit. Especially I would like to get a clearer
> picture about mirroring (no reaction to my previous post ?) :
>
> What do we expect people to mirror ? The latest stable distribution and
> the latest developpment version only ? The complete current dev serie ?
> FAB (frequently asked binaries) as well ? Any demand to mirror the website
> as well ? How much space do this various options request ? (Would be the
> first thing I'd like to know, before contacting people to ask for mirroring).
>
> In the end I'd like to put up a larger list of mirror-sites with their
> updating frequency etc. If Jim needs/wants a hand ... (but sorry, not before
> about a week).

I have done nothing with your mirror list yet. I will probably put a
pointer to that on one of the pages on SLCC. As far as distribution, I'm
investigating sites that we can use both as the primary site, and as
mirrors. I think having a long term primary site is a good idea. I would
not set up a bunch of mirrors without that.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I may just be a menial robot, but I'm far too intelligent to
expect anyone to think of me for a moment.
Far far too intelligent
Far far .......