lynx-dev Lynx 2-8-1 bookmarks, and useragent

From: Palmer King (SCFN)
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx 2-8-1 bookmarks, and useragent
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:52:25 -0500 (EST)

Gentlemen,

I was testing Lynx 2.8.1 with the following statement:

/freenet/bin/lynx -cfg=/freenet/lib/lynx.cfg -homepage=${HOMEPAGE} -nobrowse
-locexec -resubmit_posts
-restrictions=mail,useragent,goto,shell,exec_frozen,bookmark,bookmark_exec,change_exec_perms,dotfiles,suspend,dired_support,disk_save,editor,news_post,jump,option_save

Note under -restriction I have both "bookmark" and "useragent" to keep our
freenet patrons from changing these entries on their options screen. Also,
I was testing using the forms version of the options screen.

While I could not change the system editor (exactly what we want), I was
able to change the bookmark file and the useragent. Can you give me a clue
of what I may have done wrong?

BTW, under 2-8, with the old options screen, I could change neither the
bookmark file or the useragent. That is, it worked as described.

Thanks in advance,

J. Palmer King                 | And that's all I have to say about
Chairman, Technical Committee  | that.
Suncoast Free-Net              |          - Forest Gump