lynx-dev Re: [dev.14] improved patch: textarea external edit (was: Re: F

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [dev.14] improved patch: textarea external edit (was: Re: Forms handling)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:27:23 -0800

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999, address@hidden (address@hidden) said:

| > Attached is a "new and improved" patch that allows you to use your
| > editor to edit a forms TEXTAREA field, in a pretty seamless manner.
|
| thanks (on my list)

You're welcome.

There seems to have been a minor snafu with the patch itself though:

After applying the patch you should probably remove the first line
of GridText.h:

#include <structdump.h>

which I meant to do.

Also, you may want to fix a line that somehow got slightly munged
in posting.  In the structdump.h file, a backslash somehow went missing.
Just add one to the indicated line (toward the bottom of the file):

            (F)->submit_method, (F)->submit_enctype, (F)->submit_title, \
            (F)->no_cache, (F)->cp_submit_value, (F)->orig_submit_value, \
==>         (F)->size_l, (F)->disabled, (F)->name_cs, (F)->value_cs,
            (F)->accept_cs); \

so you should end up with:

==>         (F)->size_l, (F)->disabled, (F)->name_cs, (F)->value_cs, \

instead.  I really dunno how that happened, as the files I diff'd are both
OK.  Fortunately, I always try to apply my own patches, after they've been
through the email circuit.  (Anyone remember the "bugline monster" ?)

Ah well ...

/kim

"You live and you learn.  Or you don't live long." --Lazarus Long (paraphrased)