Re: lynx-dev Lynx Ver. 2.8rel.2

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Ver. 2.8rel.2
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:59:17 +0300 (MSK)

26-Jan-99 23:41 Demmy Rooster wrote:
> crashes w/ core dump after attempting to submit a form with extremely long
> lines (maximum length) full of random crap. it crashes before it has even
> contacted the remote server in any way. not a very serious bug but this
> might pose a security issue for those lynx-only freenet sites.

I made a test, fill up the form input
until maximum length was reached (~1000bytes)
and it was successfully submitted with Lynx2.8.2dev.14 on Linux
(though, I got a screen moved one line up and text was messed until
I made a refresh with CTRL-W; it is ncurses 1.99e and lynx in trace mode).

The problem still may exist with other platforms/compilers
so report from latest dev version always welcome
supplied with the attached trace log - just press CTRL-T
before pressing a "submit" button and send us if you got a crash.