Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.2dev.15 [typo nit] (and TEXTAREA edit bugs)

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.2dev.15 [typo nit] (and TEXTAREA edit bugs)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:15:43 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Thu Jan 28 21:27:31 1999
> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:25:40 -0800
> From: Kim DeVaughn <address@hidden>
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 1999, brian j. pardy (address@hidden) said:
> I have fixes for them, but I'm also adding some TAB expanding code,
> and replacing any embedded cntl-chars with a "." char.

Presumably none of that DWIM stuff will happen if one
uses the editor option or inputs a file.  (the tab-expansion,
control-chars to ".", etc).  ie, there ought to be SOME
way to include those things if one has some (now unknown)
reason for it.

Re tab-expansion: maybe a stupid question (maybe already in
.cfg-file), but how many spaces a tab expands to, or what
"column" it next goes to, is variable per user or per
os or per machine or per application.

Obvious, yes, but just thought I'd mention it anyway.

David