Re: lynx-dev Frames

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Frames
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 10:37:57 +0000 (GMT)

> Does the new version of lynx (2.8.1) support frames?  If not, do you expect
> this will be an option in a future release?

Lynx provides support for badly written frames pages (correctly written
frames pages will have a noframes section that provides alternative access).
The support is by treating the frames as links.

It does not display frames as panes, and in my view is unlikely ever to do
so, as this tends to waste too much space on text mode screens (and often
many of the frames are images anyway.

You might want to note that the higher profile sites are moving away from
frames and frames now tend to be associated with do it yourself sites and
ones created by the many small design consultancies trying to cash in on the
web.