Re: lynx-dev DEC FTP site

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev DEC FTP site
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 11:08:31 -0500

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 07:35:36PM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> 990129 Jim Spath wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 01:37:23PM -0800, Richard Schedler wrote:
> >> There's a complete mirror of  ftp://www.slcc.edu/pub/lynx/
> >> in  ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/net/infosys/lynx/ .
> > We now have a great site to download from.
> > I appreciate the voluntary cooperation by Digital/Compaq staff
> > on behalf of the Lynx developers.
> > Comments on improving the index.html in that tree are welcome
> > (there are a bunch of broken links at the moment).
>
> there's more than a bunch (grimace):
> i get no sensible response using  ftp:// ;
>  http://  gets the appropriate series of directories downto  /lynx ,
> which is strictly HTML, with links to non-existent documents.
> the whole thing is  c 2 yrs  out-of-date, ie the time of 2-7-1.
>
> it's great to have DEC/Compaq on our side,
> but they have to catch the ball & run a few yards with it too.

They did not write that page, *we* did. It's a copy of an index.html
page on the SLCC web site that needs to be updated. Since others may
stumble across it when searching the digital site (also known as
ftp.digital.com), it should be improved. I asked for contributions.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Don't think for a moment that I enjoyed doing that because I didn't.