lynx-dev how do I _use_ the EDITTEXTAREA?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev how do I _use_ the EDITTEXTAREA?
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:51:43 -0500 (EST)

I have this in my lynx.cfg:

KEYMAP:E:EDITTEXTAREA

I am at a web page where I want to edit a text area (in mail.yahoo.com).

Inside the text area, I press
^E
^Ve
^VE
^V^E

and nothing happens - the trace log shows no traces.

If I am _outside_ the text area, lynx tells me that I need to be in
the text area to do the edit.  The html for the text area is:

the text...

&gt;
&gt; </textarea></td>
<input type=checkbox name=sig value=1 CHECKED>Use Signature
<input type=radio name=format value=plain checked>plain text <input type=radio
+name=format value=html >html tags allowed&nbsp; &nbsp;
<input type=submit name=HP value="HTML Preview">
<

Oh, another thing is that now the underlines showing the width of the table
cause the line to scroll off the page - I don't recall that being the
case previously.

In other words, where previously the lines looked like:

now they look like
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>