Re: lynx-dev Re: how do I _use_ the EDITTEXTAREA?

From: Serge Munhoven
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: how do I _use_ the EDITTEXTAREA?
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:27:54 +0100

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 12:08:38PM -0800, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
 >  On Sat, Jan 30, 1999, Larry W. Virden (address@hidden) said:
 >  | > and nothing happens - the trace log shows no traces.
 >  | Interestingly enough, within probably 10 minutes of sending this msg I
 >  | figured out what I needed - I needed a ^V^VE to get things to work.  I
 >  | didn't think earlier about the vact that the ^V is, to unix, a quoting
 >  | character and so what I was getting was Unix treating E as a literal...
 >
 >  Heh.  Not quite a "unixism" though ... more of a "shellism".  FWIW, when
 >  I'm talking directly to my shell's cmd line (tcsh), ^V does indeed act
 >  like a quote for the next char, BUT when I'm in lynx (or any other
 >  application, that behavior goes away, and a ^V is just a ^V).  Mayhaps
 >  it's a termcap/terminfo/termsomething related artifact.

Probably. I can confirm Larry's report from before the textarea edit
capability. Switching the parsing mode always required a double ^V for me.
(2.8.1pre.9 (shame on me ..., but no time yet), under Digital UNIX, with native
curses). Was on my investigations list.

Great job Kim (even without having tested it yet :-)

 - Serge