Re: lynx-dev more on configure wrt bind/resolv and inet_addr

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev more on configure wrt bind/resolv and inet_addr
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:59:16 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:
>"for cf_inetlib in -lbind -lresolv ; do ; if ; else ; done" will only
>work if lresolv succeeds (which is highly unlikely if lbind succeeds).
>A patch to the configure script to fix this is appended (dev.15).

Since I originally caused this problem to be investigated, is there
some version of Lynx I should download and try to build _with no changes_
to see if I can get it to work?

(In other words, verify that the fix worked.)

There was discussion of this a while ago where someone mentioned problems,
so I haven't tested the fix yet in case the solution was undergoing more
changes (such as the one I'm replying to).