Re: lynx-dev Re: [dev.15] fixup patch: edit TEXTAREA

From: Dick Wesseling
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [dev.15] fixup patch: edit TEXTAREA
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:27:30 +0100

address@hidden said:
> | why not simply use iscntrl?
>
> Habit, I suppose ... (*cp < ' ') works well for both ASCII and
> EBCDIC (though I suppose there might be a problem with CDC's Display
> Character char set ... my 6600 refs are boxed away someplace).  :-)

I always have mine at hand, let me see, from appendix A1 of the
NOS-BE-1 reference manual:

000 = :
001 = A  ..
032 = Z
033 = 0
044 = 9
055 = space
056 = and so forth

Notice that character code 00 is special, as binary zero is also used
for padding purposes when packing less then 10 6-bit characters into a
60-bit word.