lynx-dev www.dvdexpress.com

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev www.dvdexpress.com
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:16:12 -0800 (PST)

So I wasn't able to complete a transaction with dvdexpress.com with Lynx.
I tried both spoofing and not spoofing Netscape, no difference.. and I didn't
even get any bad HTML warnings as far as I can tell.  (I had -nopause on during
most of the tests, but not the last test I did, so I admittedly didn't do
all possible permutations of useragent and nopause).

I was trying to order their 4 Festival DVD set ($9.99 for 4 DVDs..).

1) Add to shopping cart
2) Check Out
3) Enter username/password [created acct the first time, but this didn't change
anything, since it still DOES know my username on subsequent attempts,
presumably through a cookie.]
4) It goes to the Shipping information page, with Continue buttons at the
top and bottom of page
5) Pressing either Continue button goes back to this *same* shipping
information page.  There were no errors on the page (which the dvdexpress
people thought might be the problem).

It worked fine in IE, and I even turned off all graphics and all scripting..