Re: lynx-dev Dired functions on WIN32 Lynx

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dired functions on WIN32 Lynx
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:07:09 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Anand Raman wrote:

> hi friends
> This is my second mail with regard to the dired keys on lynx 32 . Actually
> what i am not able to understand is that though i am able the e DIRED key
> why not the others

The 'e' command doesn't depend on DIRED, it works even without for
editing the file you are currently viewing (if it's a local file).

The 'e', while viewing a directory with DIRED mode, acts a bit
differently: it starts the editor on the _link_ that's selected.
So in a sense there's a normal 'e' command, and there's a DIRED
'e' command.  I would expect that on Windows you have only the
first one.

   Klaus