Re: lynx-dev Re: AIX Y2K upgrade problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: AIX Y2K upgrade problem
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:26:41 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Clair Wilson wrote:

> I changed shells from mshell to ksh and tried lynx again. This time I got
> another error line which I had never gotten previously under mshell.
>
> The error lines are as follows :
>
> TP: Unable to connect to remote host for `http://lynx.browser.org/' (errno=9
>
> Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
>

> I had never seen the errno=9  before.
>
> Do you have any idea what the errno=9 means ? I don't know where to look
> for an explanation. Do you think this might help?

Yes it helps, but I don't really understand what you did to get that
message.  Normally it should only appear (probably in a Lynx.trace file)
when you run with -trace or turn tracing on with ^T.  Is that what you
did?

I don't know what mshell is/does; either for some reason it doesn't
let you see all the same output, or maybe you are running a different
copy of lynx (if there is more than one) because the search path is
different?  What version are you using?  Is it compliled in some
unusal way?  Maybe with SOCKS support?  What version are you using
again?

Did you compile lynx yourself?  Did you try to recompile?

The is a system dependent error number; you should hunt for its
definition in the system C header file /usr/include/errno.h or one of
the files #include'd by it.

On my linux system it is defined as
#define EBADF            9      /* Bad file number */
in /usr/include/asm/errno.h, but that could be different for AIX.

I would like to help figure out what goes wrong, but we need more
info from you, or someone else who can reproduce the problem.
Try to generate a Lynx.trace file and send it to the list; better
too much than too little info.

      Klaus