Re: lynx-dev Re: AIX Y2K upgrade problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: AIX Y2K upgrade problem
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:38:43 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Clair Wilson wrote:

> I found this on the web (for EBADF) :
>
> accept

The accept function isn't involved when lynx makes a connection;
it is just one of many that can result in errno = EBADF.
But it could be a number of other functions creating the
problem:

   socket
   fcntl or ioctl
   connect
   select

and the EBADF may actually not indicate the original error but
something that failed as a result of it; maybe a

   close.

So we need to know which is the first function call that fails;
that isn't clear to me from just that message.  I hope that a
full trace would reveal more.

   Klaus