Re: lynx-dev Re: AIX Y2K upgrade problem

From: Clair Wilson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: AIX Y2K upgrade problem
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:22:15 -0500 (EST)

Klaus

I found this on the web (for EBADF) :

accept

          The accept call accepts a connection request from a remote
client and returns the socket number to be
          used for the session.

                 int accept(int, struct sockaddr *, int *);

                 session = accept(listen,&sockaddr,&length);

                      session
                                The socket number assigned to the accepted
session is returned. Failure is
                                indicated by the return of -1. In this
case, check errno for the reason.
                      listen
                                The socket number being used by a listen(
) call.
                      sockaddr
                                A pointer to a sockaddr structure or NULL.
If a pointer is provided, the address
                                of the accepted host is filled-in
                      length
                                A pointer to an integer that contains the
length of the sockaddr structure. This value
                                is required if sockaddr was specified. The
system will replace the original contents
                                of the length field with the filled-in
length of sockaddr.

          Return Codes

               If the accept( ) returns a value of -1, then the errno
variable will contain one of the following
               values:

     ============>   EBADF
                                     The listen parameter is not a valid
socket desc

Klaus

So there we have it. EBADF means that the listen parameter is not valid.
But I have no idea how to fix that.

Thank You

Mr. Clair Wilson
Internet Administrator