lynx-dev Re: [dev.15] fixup patch: edit TEXTAREA

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [dev.15] fixup patch: edit TEXTAREA
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:01:22 -0800

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999, Leonid Pauzner (address@hidden) said:

| > Good suggestions.  Both are included in the latest version of the TEXTAREA
| > patch (just posted).
|
| Thanks (I have not received that latest patch yet).
| Another minore items:
|
| (1) when we reload a page with a form we got a warning
| "reloading ... POST content will be lost"
| but only if a form affected the current screen (not a document!)
| that is a mess.
| Since you now have a good knowlage of lynx structures
| it would be nice to add a simple check whether the form input fields
| changed from theirs default values, e.g. made a boolearn function like
| HText_NeedNotResetForm()  paired to HText_ResetForm()

Hmmm.  I'll look into it.  Matter of fact, I'm not at all sure that I'm
initializing orig_value properly for new lines that I insert (currently,
I'm just cloning what's in the "parent" anchor, which is usually a ptr
to a null string.  Perhaps I should explicitly insure that it points to
a null string, but not having found a "dirty bit" that could be set on
a per anchor basis, just cloning fields seemed the safest (and note that
if the value of orig_value is itself a null, you'll get a sig-11 after a
reset operation, when you attempt to cursor into an added anchor/line).

It would really help if I knew of a page that delivered a TEXTAREA that
was preloaded with some actual data (instead of being blank), *and* that
had a reset button (all the preloaded pages that I've seen, DO NOT have
a reset).  Know any url's that do that ...?

| (2) ignore ^Ve if beeng invoked at forms input (not textarea)

Hmmm.  Is not invoking the editor what's desired?  I think it will only
work on local/temp files, such as are created by the o(ptions) form.  In
any case, ^Ve when in such a field was working that way prior to my work
on the TEXTAREA edit stuff ... it's not a feature that I've added, but
it'd certainly be easy enough to prohibit it, if that's waht people want.

/kim