lynx-dev warn on reloading (was fixup patch)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev warn on reloading (was fixup patch)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:18:50 -0500 (EST)

990202 Klaus Weide wrote:
>  #define RELOADING_FORM \
>   gettext("Reloading document.  Any form entries will be lost!")
> When you reload the result of a POST form submission that is another thing
> there should normally be a prompt for confirmation.
> I find the RELOADING_FORM message a bit pointless,
> since when you see it it's do late for doing anything about it...

it's a bit irritating, esp for being pointless:
a quick look at LYMainLoop.c (c lines 2000, 3780) suggests
another instance of long-ago coding which wasn't intended to be permanent
(judging by FM's comments).  isn't there a strong case today
for inserting a request for confirmation at this point -- as with POST -- ,
which looks like an easy bit of programming?
it would help users avoid inadvertently losing lots of form-fillings.
should i add it to my list of little programming exercises (one day)?