Re: lynx-dev Re: "new anchor" message

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: "new anchor" message
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:45:50 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:
[ Clair having AIX problem: ]
> > nothing to do with this problem, since lynx works on both where the y2k
> > fix was not applied, and lynx fails on both where the y2k fix WAS applied.
>
> It still seems to me that it is not so much a problem with Lynx as it
> is that you are somehow linking with the wrong/old network libraries,
> e.g., -lnsl or -lsocket.  If you are using a non-bundled resolver
> library, you would probably need to recompile it before using it to
> link Lynx with.

Well I may be on the wrong track with my theories, so others' input is
welcome.  But as far as name lookup goes, one of the traces showed that
lynx.browser.org was resolved correctly.  That points to something else
failing a bit later in HTDoConnect.  There is some stuff there that
seems to be mostly based on experience with existing systems; an OS
upgrade could well break it by introducing some errno value that lynx
doesn't expect.

   Klaus