Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2dev.15 patch 1 - LYGetHostByname

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2dev.15 patch 1 - LYGetHostByname
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:03:31 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> DJGPP is a different story - The code uses resolve() instead of
> gethostbyname(), so I assume that DJGPP has no struct hostent.
> Is this true?  Or maybe only in some versions?  Or is there a
> struct hostent declared somewhere but no gethostbyname()?

As far as I can tell from the documentation and from grep'ing through
various headers, there is no struct hostent. The resolve() function
isn't even in DJGPP itself; it comes from the WATTCP code that is
included. There is no gethostbyname().

I haven't had a chance to build a DOS version since dev.14. I suspect
that I won't be able to for another week or so.
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)