Re: lynx-dev Final dev15 patch for TEXTAREA edit feature (I hope)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Final dev15 patch for TEXTAREA edit feature (I hope)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:19:43 +0300 (MSK)

4-Feb-99 11:03 Kim DeVaughn wrote:
> Hopefully, this will be the last full patch for the TEXTAREA edit
> feature that I'll be making against -dev.15, but I wanted to try
> and get it into the next (dev.16) release, as it fixes quite a few
> things.

Thanks for your work, looks very nice.

But:
>  3. Hitting the reset buton is now handled properly WRT the "old"
>     text in expansion lines (now *always* empty).
The same thing when I remove several lines with the editor:
I got a bunck of blank lines at the bottom of textarea.
Think the textarea #lines should be restored properly
(decrease #lines the same way as it was increased
according the text received from the editor).

Also I found that when I visit the document with a textarea
the last line normally filled with a text, while after invoking the editor
and exit from it without any changes I got an extra empty line at the bottom.
That is a minore visible side effect, I think one empty line at the bottom
should be present just from the beginning as a sign of the fact
that the number of lines may be changed.

>  4. Attempting to edit (^Ve) a TEXT field (not a TEXTAREA), is now
>     blocked, with the user getting an error msg.

It is not clear whether EDITTEXTAREA key still may be defined from lynx.cfg
of it is hardcored with EDIT key?