Re: lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 13:28:55 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > On Fri, Feb 05, 1999, Doug Kaufman (address@hidden) said:
> > |
> > | Since I did the patch that expanded the keymap[] array in LYKeymap.c
> > | with the #ifdefs to make it work for the different types of build
> > | under DOS, I will try to explain what I did as best as I understand
> > | it.  [...]
>
> ultimately it's my problem (to integrate the changes).  But I rely on
> people testing with DJGPP to spot some of the problems (and I miss a few).

Looking back at the patch that initially expanded keymap[] beyond
0x10e, there was an assumption that anything over 0x10e was for
DOS and was not specifically ifdef'd. (The restriction was in
LYStrings.c.) Since there is no define for PDCurses, this was the
default if SLANG wasn't specified. With the removal of the restriction
for other operating systems, I would propose the following patch which
should clarify what the assignments are trying to do, with PDCurses
noted in the comments. PDCurses specific key assignments are now
ifdef'd with (__DJGPP__ || _WINDOWS).
                             Doug

*** lynx2-8-2/src/LYKeymap.c    Wed Jan 13 03:37:34 1999
--- lynx2-8-2/src/LYKeymap.c.new        Sat Feb  6 12:52:08 1999
***************
*** 218,231 ****
  LYK_END,          LYK_NEXT_PAGE,       0,
  /* END */         /* PGDOWN */

! #else
     0,             LYK_HELP,            0,              0,
  /* F0 */        /* F1 */          /* F2 */        /* F3 */

     0,                  0,              0,

  #endif /* USE_SLANG */
! #else
  LYK_HELP,         LYK_ACTIVATE,     LYK_HOME,       LYK_END,
  /* F1*/         /* Do key */      /* Find key */  /* Select key */

--- 218,231 ----
  LYK_END,          LYK_NEXT_PAGE,       0,
  /* END */         /* PGDOWN */

! #else /* PDCurses */
     0,             LYK_HELP,            0,              0,
  /* F0 */        /* F1 */          /* F2 */        /* F3 */

     0,                  0,              0,

  #endif /* USE_SLANG */
! #else /*  Not DJGPP or Windows */
  LYK_HELP,         LYK_ACTIVATE,     LYK_HOME,       LYK_END,
  /* F1*/         /* Do key */      /* Find key */  /* Select key */

***************
*** 296,301 ****
--- 296,302 ----
     0,                  0,              0,             0,
     0,                  0,              0,             0,
     0,                  0,              0,             0,
+ #if defined(__DJGPP__) || defined(_WINDOWS) /* PDCurses */
     LYK_ABORT,          0,              0,             0,
     /* ALT_X */
     0,                  0,              0,             0,
***************
*** 307,312 ****
--- 308,322 ----
                                                      /* KP_* */
     LYK_PREV_PAGE,      LYK_NEXT_PAGE,  0,             0,
     /* KP_- */          /* KP_+ */
+ #else
+    0,                  0,              0,             0,
+    0,                  0,              0,             0,
+    0,                  0,              0,             0,
+    0,                  0,              0,             0,
+    0,                  0,              0,             0,
+    0,                  0,              0,             0,
+    0,                  0,              0,             0,
+ #endif /* __DJGPP__ || WINDOWS */
     0,                  0,              0,             0,
     0,                  0,              0,             0,
     0,                  0,              0,             0,
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)
          address@hidden