lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 18:32:57 -0800

On Sat, Feb 06, 1999, Doug Kaufman (address@hidden) said:

| This has nothing to do with fixing the statusline problem or
| MOUSE_KEY. Klaus had written questioning what all the ifdef's were
| doing in the keymap[] code. This is an effort to CLARIFY what was done
| before. I never understood what the MOUSE_KEY code was doing. Mouse
| isn't enabled on any system that I use, so I wasn't able to test any
| of it.

Ah.  OK ... now I understand where you're coming from.

| Your patch to LYKeymap.c will break the default mappings for DOS and
| Windows.

Quite possibly.  Hence the several disclaimers that I mentioned, when
posting the patch.

So.  Breaks DOS, but fixes UNIX.  I hate to say "ifdef" but ...

| >+LYK_UP_TWO,       LYK_DOWN_TWO,     LYK_MOUSE_KEY,
| >+/* Insert key */  /* Remove key */  /* rodent dummy */
|
| I don't know what  the best fix is, but inserting LYK_MOUSE_KEY here
| will invalidate the mappings after it. Can't you put it at an unused
| spot, such as 0x28f?

I dunno.  I don't use DOS, nor a mouse with lynx, so I have no idea
what *the* solution is ... perhaps a printout of the keymap structs
taped to the wall, and a well-thrown dart or two would do the trick.

Seriously ... it will take someone more familier with the DOS side
of things than I am (who is also UNIX literate), to implement the
proper fix.  I was hoping that the originator of the MOUSE_KEY stuff
(IZ, I think), would have had a chance to comment on the problem by
now ... perhaps in a few days, or so.

As may be ... I'm sure that Tom will come up with something or other,
now that the problem's been isolated.  :-)

Thanks for clarifying the motivation behind your patch.

/kim