Re: lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 09:59:57 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:

> > Seriously ... it will take someone more familier with the DOS side
> > of things than I am (who is also UNIX literate), to implement the
> > proper fix.  I was hoping that the originator of the MOUSE_KEY stuff
> > (IZ, I think), would have had a chance to comment on the problem by
> > now ... perhaps in a few days, or so.
>
> I would do it earlier, but I have no idea what problem the patch is
> addressing, and how it is addressing it.  Looking up the thread does
> not help.

This started in the thread with subject

          Nitsy "reset" display buglet

You should find there what Kim's patch is addressing.

I think if there were more comments describing what the code does, and
what it requires, there would be less of a problem with incompatible
changes.  (That applies both for the DOS/DJGPP/whatever keymapping stuff
and the mouse stuff.)

By the way,

* modify LYKeymap.c so that it can show internal keymaps above 0400 as
  hexadecimal codes even if they do not appear in the function-key table - IZ

That may be nice for debugging, but we should'nt keep that for general use
- there's no way for me to press a key "0x1b8", at least I don't know how.
(Maybe this info is useful for DOS however?)

> P.S.  Note that I do not subscribe, and it is a PITA to reply via the
>       mail archive list.

You could always subscribe for the duration of this thread, and later
unsubscribe; it's not difficult.

   Klaus