Re: lynx-dev What *is* DJGPP ...?

From: Mengmeng Zhang
Subject: Re: lynx-dev What *is* DJGPP ...?
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 11:10:02 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
> I see alot of references to "DJGPP" in various messages, as well
> in the code (a`la ifdef's), but I've no idea what it actually is,
> nor what the acronym stands for (other that it is some kind of
> DOS'ish thingy ... someone's compiler, or ???).
>
> Not being a DOS aficionado, I am slightly curious ...
>
> /kim

DJGPP is essentially a port of gcc/g++ to DOS. There's also many other gnu
utilities for DOS that you can download along with it. I think it actually
stands for DJ's G++ (since there's no + in DOS filenames, a P is used.)
The creator is DJ Delorie, hence the name. I used it back when I actually
had to use DOS, and it was pretty nice. If you're really curious, it's
homepage is www.delorie.com/djgpp/.

MZhang