lynx-dev well formed Message-ID:

From: asgilman
Subject: lynx-dev well formed Message-ID:
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:41:24 -0500 (EST)

>     * From: David Woolley <address@hidden>
>     * Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 10:47:41 +0000 (GMT)
>       "address@hidden" at Feb 1, 99 00:37:41 am
>
>PS Your message ID is illegally formed and caused this message to be filed
>in my probable spam folder.  Message IDs are a unique code formed from
>some locally unique code, an "@" and the fully qualified name of the machine
>assigning the local code.  Yours had no @.

I fear that you will find this is the subject of a tacet debate.

The privacy/anonymity interest is ill served by putting a node of origin
in the mid.

There is a candidate replacement from Windows -- is it the X-UIDL stamp?

This is one like the file-extension vs. MIME-type header where I think it
is going to take more than a few grumbles to the choir to turn the situation
around.

Al