Re: lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:49:37 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:

> I have this in my .lynx-keymaps file:

Without that line, which was cut off in the lynx-dev copy of the mail,
I wouldn't have known what you are talking about...

> setkey "^[^[" LTARROW
> setkey "\200s" 0x211  # C-left
> setkey "\200t" 0x212  # C-right
> setkey "\200l" 0x213  # C-up
> setkey "\200f" 0x214  # C-down
> setkey "\200d" HOME   # C-pageup
> setkey "\200v" END    # C-pagedown
> setkey "\200w" 'M'    # C-home
> setkey "\200u" 'v'    # C-end

I had now idea that I was supposed to be able to do that.  (I still
haven't tried it.)  Is this documented *anywhere*, except I assume
in the lynx-dev archives?  I didn't see anything that gave the slightest
hint that lynx might be looking for a file .lynx-keymaps in either
INSTALLATION or lynx.cfg or Lynx_users_guide.html or the CHANGES files.

I saw the hardwired filename(s) for this in LYStrings.c - just somehow
thought that must be for the DOS folks, will look at it some other time.

Ok, I see this is in the released 2.8.1.  If I am not the only one who
missed this, if in fact hardly anybody knows about this, as I assume,
then all the effort to implement this got to waste - as far as most
potential users are concerned.

> So I suppose you could do
>
> setkey "^[[183~" 0x1b8                # Or whatever else your SU37 keys sends

What is a SU37 key?

   Klaus